Commercial Truck Insurance for Fleets and Owner Operators

Call Us: 1-800-634-8612

Truck Insurance Quote

Start Here:

Ask the Truck Insurance Experts

click here
Ask the Expert:

What kind of insurance do I need? I am a motor carrier leasing on Owner Operators.

The basic coverage you would carry as the motor carrier includes primary auto liability coverage and cargo coverage. As for limits that will depend on which shippers you plan on hauling for, but generally a motor carrier will carry $1,000,000 in auto liability and $100,000 in cargo coverage. Your owner operators should carry Non-Trucking Liability, also referred to as bobtail. They will also want physical damage coverage for their own equipment, as well as work comp for their employees, as needed. 
This is the basic set up for a motor carrier leasing on owner operators, but depending on your specific operation you may want to consider further coverage options. For more information, please contact Truck Writers and one of our agents will help you tailor a package for your company.

Please provide the following information:

We do not spam
  what's this?

This is a feature to help stop spammers from sending the form. Please enter the letters as shown to prove you are human. Thank you!

Back Ask a Follow-up Question Share this answer on: