Commercial Truck Insurance for Fleets and Owner Operators

Call Us: 1-800-634-8612

Truck Insurance Quote

Start Here:

Ask the Truck Insurance Experts

click here
Ask the Expert:

Do drivers who haul portable tanks or totes need a tank endorsement?

A driver is required to have a tank endorsement in the event that he is hauling tanks or totes with a rated capacity of 119 gallons or more, and an aggregate rated capacity of 1,000 or more, that is permanently or temporarily attached to the vehicle. However, tank endorsements are not required for commercial vehicles that transport empty storage container tanks (not designed for transportation) - commercial motor vehicles with a rated capacity of 1000 or more that is temporarily attached to a flatbed trailer are not considered tank vehicles.

Please provide the following information:

We do not spam
  what's this?

This is a feature to help stop spammers from sending the form. Please enter the letters as shown to prove you are human. Thank you!

Back Ask a Follow-up Question Share this answer on: