Become an Owner Operator
If you are thinking of buying or leasing your own truck and becoming a trucking owner operator, you have several things to consider including:
- Will I lease onto another motor carrier and get a percentage of the haul or will I get my own authority and develop my own loads?
- Will I lease, rent or buy my own equipment?
- What is the option of leasing vs. buying my own equipment?
- If I am going to lease onto a motor carrier, what should I consider when looking for a good one?
- What experience and driving history will the motor carrier require of me?
- What is better for me based on pay and my family situation running local, intermediate or over the road?
- What insurance/s do I need to be best protected?
- What are my financing options for equipment, insurance and operating capital?
- What type of license do I need based on the type of equipment I am looking to operate?
Those are just some of the questions you will need to answer to best determine the direction you will take. Truck Writers has insured tens of thousands of owner operators over the past (30) years, so please do not hesitate to give us a call with any questions that you might have. You can reach us at 1-800-634-8612 or
send an email.