Making sure you’re covered for the road ahead.
Truck Writers loves owner-operators.
Whether you are a single unit owner-operator or an owner-operator fleet, we have insurance services tailored to your needs.
Insurance companies look at tenured and new venture authorities differently. Our agents will work with you to determine which market will provide the best coverages for your operation.
For those leased onto a motor carrier, our specialists review lease agreements to help place coverages that are not provided by the employer.
If you’re just getting started in the process of becoming an owner-operator, there are several things to consider, including:
- Will I lease onto another motor carrier and get a percentage of the haul or will I get my own authority and develop my own loads?
- Will I lease, rent or buy my own equipment?
- What is the option of leasing vs. buying my own equipment?
- If I am going to lease onto a motor carrier, what should I consider when looking for a good one?
- What experience and driving history will the motor carrier require of me?
- What is better for me based on pay and my family situation running local, intermediate or over the road?
- What insurance/s do I need to be best protected?
- What are my financing options for equipment, insurance and operating capital?
- What type of license do I need based on the type of equipment I am looking to operate?
No matter where you are in the process, Truck Writers team of owner-operator specialists will ensure you’re properly covered.
Owner Operator Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we select multiple options at competitive prices.