Insurance options for those leasing onto a motor carrier.
Truck Writers loves owner-operators.
Whether you are a single unit owner operator or have an owner operator fleet, we offer insurance services tailored to your needs.
While a motor carrier’s insurance will cover an owner operator while under dispatch, an owner operator is responsible for carrying additional coverages in order to comply with a lease agreement.
Owner operator coverages may include:
- Bobtail/Non-Trucking Liability
- Physical Damage
- Occupational Accident / Workers’ Compensation
- Passenger Policies
If you’re just getting started in the process of becoming an owner operator, there are several questions to ask yourself:
- Will I lease onto another motor carrier and get a percentage of the haul or will I get my own authority and develop my own loads?
- Will I lease, rent or buy my own equipment?
- What is the option of leasing vs. buying my own equipment?
- If I am going to lease onto a motor carrier, what should I consider when looking for a good one?
- What experience and driving history will the motor carrier require of me?
- What is better for me based on pay and my family situation running local, intermediate or over the road?
- What insurance/s do I need to be best protected?
- What are my financing options for equipment, insurance and operating capital?
- What type of license do I need based on the type of equipment I am looking to operate?
No matter where you are in the process, Truck Writers team of owner operator specialists will ensure you’re properly covered. Truck Writers provides Non-Trucking/Bobtail insurance in 38 states. Call 1-800-634-8612 for a quote!
Owner Operator Insurance Quote Request
As an independent agency, we offer multiple options at competitive prices.