There are many ways to achieve improved fuel efficiency, as an individual driver, and as an organization. Here are some of our top tips to help you get started:
- Clean air filters helps vehicles consume less fuel
- Proper engine maintenance is another great way to reduce fuel consumption
- Maintain proper tire pressure to increase vehicle safety and decrease the cost of fuel
- In addition to maintaining tire pressure, proper alignment also decreases fuel costs
- Unnecessary idling, including waiting to make left turns, is one of the main sources of wasted fuel
- Aggressive driving that includes frequent braking and excessive speed is an unnecessary waste of fuel and increases the risk of collisions
- Encourage drivers to use cruise control if they have the option in their vehicles. The steady speed will help reduce fuel consumption.
- Don’t leave unnecessary tools, materials or equipment on your trucks. The added weight can be an unnecessary drain on your fuel
- Reduce the amount of personal use of your company vehicles and you will increase fuel savings
Reducing fuel costs will help your company improve efficiency, timeliness, and can even improve safety standards. For more information on trucking efficiency, safety, and best practices, contact us.